ADMISSION & Registration
Our mission is to provide our students, faculty and staff members with distinct services in an efficient manner. We strive towards excellence, seeking out new and better ways of offering business, challenging ourselves to be as efficient and effective as possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information
Sunday - Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
(+968) 25648300, Ext: 102, 104, 105, 188
a) Online Early Booking:
The Admission and Registration Department (ARD) provides online early booking service for students who will register in Fall/Spring semesters in order to help them avoid last minute problems arising out of closure of sections and by planning their courses in advance. This service can be availed by regular students only. No fees need to be paid for this online early booking of courses. The fees can be paid during the regular registration week for Fall/Spring.
b) Advising/Selection of Courses:
Upon careful consideration and due consultation with his or her assigned academic advisor, the student shall establish a definitive plan of courses in which to enroll for a respective semester. Both the academic advisor and the concerned student shall sign the completed, official registration form detailing the plan of courses.
Students may also register online at http://sis.uob.edu.om
c) Remittance of Payment for Fees:
The student shall submit the signed, completed registration form to the University Cashier’s Office and remit payment of all accumulated fees, at which time he/she shall receive confirmation of registered courses. The student’s class schedule shall be subsequently forwarded to the student via http://sis.uob.edu.om
Note: The following students are not allowed to register online:
· At-Risk students (should check their academic Advisor); however, they can use the “Online Early Booking.”
· Those who are supposed to register in foundation courses (should check the financial Dep.)
1. Web Access to Online Registration
2. Open the web browser and write the following address: http://sis.uob.edu.om
3. Enter user name and password.
4. Press “Log in”
5. Booking Online
6. Select “Online Registration” from “Registration” drop down menu.
7. “Student Advising” screen will appear.
8. Press on (Booking Page) at the bottom of the screen. The graduation plan will appear.
If the student has completed the “Online Early Booking” the system will download your early booking automatically.
9. Click on “Save Booking” at the bottom of the booking page. (A message will appear confirming the booking which is then reserved for a period of 48 hours.)
Note: “Booking Page” button will not appear if the student is not permitted to be registered.
If the student has not completed the “Online Early Booking” please follow these steps:
Press on the course name that you wish to register in (Only active courses).
1. A small window will appear containing all the sections offered for the selected course.
2. Press on the Section No. to select the required section.
3. The sections you have selected will be highlighted in green color, and then close that window from the right bottom.
4. To unselect the course, press on (X) button.
5. Press “Save Booking” at the bottom of the booking page.
6. Follow the instructions of “Confirming the Booking”. Refer to item “C-Confirming the Booking.”
7. Close this window
Registering in Waiting Lists
In case the course was not offered, and the student was eligible to register in, waiting list link will appear beside the course title.
1. Click on waiting list link.
2. Confirmation message will appear.
3. Press “Yes” bottom button.
4. List of waiting list courses will appear on the page bottom.
Re-taking a course
If a student wishes to register for a course that s/he has taken previously, s/he should complete the registration procedures through the Registration Office.
If a student wants to register in less than the minimum number of courses normally allowed, he/she should check with the Dean’s office to complete the registration process.
Confirming the Booking
During the registration week,
Sponsored students by (MOHE, Companies, and Establishments) should follow the following steps:
Booking confirmation window will appear.
1. Booking Confirmation page will appear.
2. Press “Confirm Confirmation”
3. Print your class Schedules.
4. Close this window.
· To confirm your booking online, 50% of courses fees at least, should deposit in the student account.
· Complete all required financial procedure with the cashier and receive the final copy of class schedule.
· Once complete all required financial procedure, the booked courses are confirmed.
Dropping Registered Courses
Student can drop all registered courses according to the academic calendar as follow:
1. Select “Online Registration” from “Registration” drop down menu.
2. “Student Advising” screen will appear.
3. Press on “Drop All Courses” at the screen bottom.
4. Warning message will appear (Press “Yes” to continue).
5. Confirmation message will appear
6. Press “Yes” to continue.
Students are fully responsible for their online registration and may not blame the university for losing their booked courses for unknown reasons. The system is totally error free.
A student can access the following information via http://sis.uob.edu.om
Class Schedule (My Schedule)
Online Booking (Registration)
Course Offerings for the Semester (Class Schedules)
Course Grades (My Grades)
Account Statement and payment history.
Student Housing Reservation
Student evaluation of teaching
other online services